Friday, October 30, 2020

Beautiful Fall Colors

Red Up Front, 10x8 SOLD!
 Yellow Orange and Red--I love the beautiful fall trees and they are fun to paint! In the past I have experienced falls where the weather cooperated perfectly for plein air painting -  times when  it was sunny and 60s or 70s. Not this year! This year has been cold and grey and cold again! 

Recently there was one day with bright blue skies (but it was still freezing outside), I went out and took some reference photos. I adore the blue skies against the colorful trees. I love this tree corner in my neighborhood where there are plenty of fun trees. I snapped a pic and it ended up being a perfect reference photo. 

My favorite tree is the orange red tree that is out in the front, I just loved the shape and color. I also loved the tree layers of red and yellow then green. This was so much fun to paint, my art friends call this a happy dancing painting and said that the yellow tree is leaning out to say hello. So funny!

When I posted this painting to Instagram a follower immediately stated "I want that." I could not be more pleased that this painting spoke to someone and led to a sale for me! A happy painting headed to a happy home (once it is signed and varnished). Thank you to my art followers and FYI there are lots of happy paintings awaiting new homes! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to see your comments here, thank you!